Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wordy Wednesday and a Wacky TV

It's a sad day here in our household. Today is the day our TV died. Our TV that is less than one year old. Our TV that is flat. Our Plasma TV. I guess it's not a sad day so to speak, but more of an irritating day. We dug and dug looking for the receipt. I tore the drawers apart. I emptied the filing cabinet. I find receipts for milk from a year ago, but not for a TV. Dang.

But then, I had a light bulb pop into my head. Literally, I felt it shine bright. Remember, I used to be a CSM at Wal-Mart, and my prior job experience reminded me that I could call them with the serial number and they could get me another receipt! And that's exactly what I did.

The wonderful CSM that I spoke to on the phone called me back and said she had found it. Since tomorrow is a big day (more on that later) at our house, I had to go to Wal-Mart anyhow. When I got there the lovely CSM said she had just learned how to do that last week, so I was lucky. Thank goodness for her!

And the crazy thing is, our IN HOME warranty expires in 7 days. How lucky is that? OK, back to the subject at hand. I get home and Mike calls the toll free number and has a very lengthy conversation with the customer service rep. In the next 24-48 hours we will receive a phone call about when the TV can be fixed and it will be IN OUR HOME! We thought we were going to have to ship it out.

So our sad day, irritating day, which still isn't great, does show light and hope at the end of the tunnel. Now it's just time to get accustomed to watching a dinky box TV. Ugh.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Ya, I came out of private to let more people read it. I wasn't quite sure how it worked and then noticed that you can't even read what I wrote so I went back to get more people to see it and hopefully send me their emails. I still don't know if I'm going to stay private though. lol