Thursday, August 27, 2009

beginning flutist

She's beginning. And she's doing great, considering she hasn't had any formal lessons. I've showed her how to hold it and played a couple of simple songs for her. I've always been a natural at musical instruments, plus I did play it in 5th grade for half the year. Like that really helps, huh? Nope, it's just playing by tune. Here she is getting her fingers where they should go.
And playing Mary Had A Little Lamb for me. Yep, that's one of the songs I taught her. Hey, don't laugh! That's a beginner song and something easy for her to work on. She is doing great. We're both having issues with the lower notes, so I'm not sure if it's the flute or if it's just hard to play those notes. It will be interesting to see what the band instructor thinks of it.
I'm just glad that she's finding this fun and isn't upset anymore. I think playing in band could really help her with her voice, which we all know is her definite strength. Her voice is absolutely beautiful. But choir doesn't start until 7th grade, so for now we'll pursue a different avenue.

No comments: