Wednesday, August 5, 2009

this led to this

I always consider it to be a wonderful day when I come home to find my girls have not done their chores. They knew I was not happy when I found them outside with a friend, scurring inside to their room. I opened the door, said a few short sentences and came back later. This is what I found.

This led to....

this. What is this? Well, it's an 8" plant/weed/flower growing inside, yes INSIDE, my girls room. They pulled the dresser out and it was growing between the dresser and the wall, possibly coming out between the board on the bottom.

This led to....

this. Yes, you see mold. Their room reeked like mold. At this point, I am thinking this is definitely NOT how I wanted to spend my evening. So I tell the girls since that led to this and this led to this then they need to clean. Did you follow that?

This led to....

this. Cleaning, scrubbing, and dousing the floor with soap, and rinsing some more. I went over it and over it. The carpet cleaner worked wonders on the mold but left the spilled finger nail polish untouched and left the carpet smelling clean.

This led to....

this. A clean floor, except the spilled finger nail polish with no clutter. How nice!
This led to....

this. I guess the clutter had to go somewhere. And the dressers were in the living room where they decided it was necessary to dump the drawers and "sort them".

2 comments:

Kath- said...

HMMM I remember my room looking like that as a kid all the stuff on the floor. Oh wait I just looked at my room now and it still looks that way LOL

Val said...

And actually, this was cleaner than it was. I just couldn't believe a plant was growing from the carpet!