Friday, August 14, 2009

tunaie

Started off the day saying good bye to the best OB/GYN doctor I've ever met, well, the only OB/GYN doctor I have met, or had personal experience with. She is headed to a different state to be closer to her children. Even though it seems life won't go on without her, at least in the OB/GYN area, she reassured me by telling me a story that her sister said.

"There are graveyards all over the place with tons of dead people who all thought they were indispensable at some point, but you can see they died, and life went on. Your patients think life is ending because you are leaving, but really, life will go on, for them, and for you."

The story was much funnier the way she said it and it made us laugh. She said thinking of it that way is much easier to help with the separation anxiety.

Then my parents came over to give my oldest her birthday present. After that we went in to town because my hubby had an eye doctor appointment. I went with him because I wanted to pick out the glasses, considering he still has the same pair from High. School. I think maybe a Danny Gokey look? But then, I'm a bit obsessed with him.

Anyhow, back to the actual appointment. We get there at 1:30 and I go plop down in a chair to read a book. It's taking him forever at the window. He turns to me and says, "my appointment was at 9:30." Well, crap. OK, let's go. I guess I'll get out of the Danny Gokey dream for awhile yet.

We roam around to a few rummage sales and found my youngest a great pair of like new sandals for 50 cents! I was so exciting considering our wonderful Wal-Mart can't carry a single pair of sandals in his size through the summer. That's a whole 'nother story.

And the highlight of the evening is making Tuna Helper (gag me) out of a box. Couldn't really find anything else to make. I'm dumping the ingredients in and to my despair, no tuna. Good thing for a little grocery store in my town. Did I mention little? However, they did have tuna. Yay! 2 cans per box. Wow, that seems like a lot of tuna. I decided 6 cans (for 3 boxes) was too much and only put in 4 cans. I go read the box, ya know, because I have to follow basic directions and it says, "for a milder tuna taste, use one can of tuna". Good.

Me: "The box says for a milder tuna taste to use one can of tuna. So that's why the stuff last week tasted so tunaie."

Hubby: "Is tunaie a word?"

Me: "Yep, it is now!" Ha, I told him!!

No comments: