Tuesday, August 18, 2009

point A, point B, point C

I began the day today at point A heading towards point B. I was working at point B for about 3 1/2 hours when I received a phone call that Jayden possibly has pink eye and wasn't feeling well in general, so I drove to point C.

I picked Jayden up and went back to point A for a quick lunch, a nap for him, and gathered the diaper bag to head back to point C. I took him to the doctor and it was confirmed that he has pink eye in both eyes and sinus infection.

Went to Wal-Mart to get the prescriptions filled and get the oil changed in my car. Wal-Mart TLE (Tire, Lube, Express) will never have mine or my families business again. I start by dropping the prescriptions off at the drive through, then go to TLE to drop off my car. Go through the typical questions and stuff and off to the store I go to shop. Jayden and I wandered around and talked to people I used to work with, threw a few things in the cart, and got his medicines. I went back to TLE to see my car was not there. And the fun begins.

They tell me my car is still in the shop. One guy goes back to see how long it will be, then another guy comes out and says "there's good news and bad news" and proceeds to tell me they didn't "cross-thread, but they don't have a filter". I tell them that's normal because in the past they have had to go to Advance to get the filter. Finally, he calls Advance and find out they are out of one, but have a different one that would work, except they are going to charge me $13.77 on top of the oil change.

I try to tell him I've never been charged extra. Him and I go back and forth quite some time, until I'm getting annoyed and call hubby. In the meantime, he goes back to talk to a manager. I'm now dealing with a little boy who needs his medicine and is crabby and sick of the scenery in TLE. I ask if they have dumped the oil. Come to find out they hadn't. I asked one guy why I was not paged over the intercom and he told me they aren't allowed to page anymore. A bit later, I ask another guy why they aren't allowed to page and he told me "they should have paged you since there was a problem with your vehicle". Other guy says no. This guy says yes.

I gave up and said pull the car out, I'll get this done somewhere else. I was so sick of dealing with the crap.

Back down the road to point A we go. I drop one child off and pick the other up and we drive back to point C. Haircut is in order for her. We get that done and decide to go to a different place in town to get my oil changed. I briefly explain what happened and they take no more than 5 minutes to change my oil.

He comes back inside and I hear him ask for TLE, then for a certain oil filter, then he repeats that number, says ok thanks and hangs up. This very nice gentleman told me he looked up the type of Fram filter for my car and then checked Wal-Mart. Ready for this? They had 13 of those oil filters on hand at Wal-Mart!!! The nice guy tells me they probably just didn't want to change the oil because of the internal filter or the slide plate (or something like that) and told me they didn't have the filter.

Well, I can assure you, I will never even think of having Wal-Mart change the oil in my vehicle.
So we drive back to point A and call it quits for the day.

No comments: