Thursday, August 20, 2009

havin a bad day

'Cuz I'm Havin a bad day. Havin' a bad day. Get out of my way. Cuz' I'm havin a bad day.
By: Blue Flannel

Those are the words I'm living by today. I'm havin a bad day. I can't even remember where it all started, but sometime at work, things went drastically wrong. I couldn't find my purchase order book, then I almost forgot a meeting which started the very minute I remembered about it.

On my way home, there was a big rain cloud and I swear it decided to dump on me, and only me, because I could see bright colored skies above me. And when I say poured, I mean poured. My windshield wipers were on the fastest setting and were considering going on strike were barely keeping up.

I get home to see ripped up UNO cards on the floor because that is how Dalton deals with anger, just rips things up, destroys things or breaks them. So that made my day worse. Seems he has to wreck something or not listen every single day, which is getting really old.

Got home in time to bust butt to the school for back to school night and to meet the kids' teachers. Of course we had to take Jayden with us and he is known to throw tantrums. Because I couldn't find us a babysitter, my husband got to spend the entire night in the hallway to deal with Jayden who would otherwise scream in fits.

Getting ready to leave the school and three of the almost youngest children decide to run kitty corner across the street to the truck. But of course, they didn't listen to us because they were so far ahead. When asked why, they said they didn't see a car. My reply, "that's right you didn't see a car because you didn't even look".

Once we're in the truck, Shaylee starts in with a bigger attitude than she had at the school, all because I think she needs to be in band, and she doesn't want to. This has been an ongoing battle, but it has progressed to a higher level this evening after we talked to the band instructor.

Finally get home and it's 7:30 and we need to figure out supper, so Mike preheats the oven. I was currently searching on CraigsList for an instrument and I swear I smell brownies, which is when I remember that I stuck the brownies in the oven to keep the kids out of them while I was at work. Just as I tell Mike about it, he jumps to the oven, saying a few select words, to open the oven and see the blue plastic lid melted on top of the brownies, which are now sitting outside in the rain because the burnt plastic smell was so bad.

And as I sit here, Shaylee is starting in with Mike about the band thing again. I'm havin a bad day, and I give up.

No comments: