Monday, July 13, 2009

yellow and black

Yellow and black are my two least favorite colors when you put them in the context of a bug. More specifically bugs that fly that are yellow and black. And I will freak out or go postal literally get really really scared and strange sounds will come out of my mouth.

It's a phobia. And a very real one. I've had so many people tell me to "calm down" or to "quit acting like that and they will leave you alone". Well it doesn't register in my head that way. My response is to do the complete opposite.

However....I was able to use my zoom lens and take a picture of this nasty bug on my shutters right before,

my husband came to the rescue with a can of spray!

Again, thanks to the zoom lens, I was able to take a picture of the dead product. But in my head, even being as close as I was, and assuming it was dead, I still pictured some awful horror movie and this dumb bug would jump up, or fly, or even move a leg.

Because a simple leg movement, would have caused me to faint. Surely.
We tend to have a few more of these dumb bugs around my deck than I care to enjoy. We have searched and searched and cannot find a nest. Who knows, they probably know how much I love their company.

3 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Honestly---I hate bugs. My husband and children can agree that Mommy does not do well when one wanders into the house.
Wendy

Kath- said...

LOL!!!! I so remember how you act when you see a bug. To all of you who don't know you would litterly pee your pants from laughing.

Anonymous said...

So true a statement,Kathy! Val you make me lol!