Wednesday, July 1, 2009

National Zoo

Overall, I was not impressed with the National Zoo. They had a lot of empty space and "missing" animals. Seemed like every time I went to look at the animal they featured it wasn't there. The few animals they did have weren't all that interesting. I really went to see the pandas.

National Zoo, home of the giant pandas!
No, I have no clue who the kids are in the picture!
After much searching, I found the baby panda laying in the air conditioning, not moving, and sound asleep. Doesn't make for a very exciting visit to watch the pandas. I couldn't even find the big ones. I suppose it was hot and they had them somewhere else, but they weren't inside or outside in the panda area, so I was quite bummed.
"And what do you do for a living?"
"Oh I watch panda surveillance!"
Must be a rough job.
Yes, this is full of screens only watching the pandas.
An exam room fit for an elephant. Literally.

Getting ready to break his bamboo.
Crunch!


Mmmmm, nothing like fresh snapped bamboo to eat!

Yay! I think I have finally come to the end of my important Washington DC photos. I still have over 400 I haven't shown you, so maybe they'll pop up soon. Either way, they're very random, but still good pictures.

I wasn't really in the mood to blog tonight. I'm glad I did. It's my goal to blog every day. Maybe I'm just irked at the hot weather, or the child who continuously is wetting their pants, or the fact that some random lady just threw Jayden into a flip at the softball game, but dropped him face first onto his belly, except she caught the back of his shirt in time to lesson the impact. After all of this, just this evening, I'm wrapping this up, in hopes of "sleeping it off" and sharing a wonderfully happy post with you tomorrow. Whew!

No comments: