Thursday, July 30, 2009

from the mouths of babes

Today I go on a home visit for my job to see a little boy who is two years old. We painted and it ended up all over us, including my arm, which eventually ended up on my shirt. So at the end of this home visit I'm getting ready to leave and the little boy says, "Teacher you have something on your boob!" His mom and I cracked up. Funnier yet, his mom and I were talking earlier about how many body parts he knew. She looks at me and says, "well he does know some parts!" The paint had ended up right where he said it was. We laughed about it for sure.

Lets back up to my drive out to their house. I had gone once that day and then had to make another trip out there to drop some stuff off. Well the second trip needed to be a quick trip as it was almost the end of the day. Low and behold, I run across this in the road traveling at 15 mph in a 65 mph area.

Finally after an eternity 7-8 minutes, they pulled over and let oncoming traffic pass, then we got to pass. They had quite the process to get this big house down the road. There were several trucks that drove ahead a few miles and parked to block traffic until the house could move aside. Then they let traffic by.
Of course on the way back to Madison, the house was coming my direction again, so I got to sit and wait again. Wasn't I just lucky today?

No comments: