Wednesday, July 29, 2009

crazy day at the store

I had the most awful, hair-pulling stressful shopping trip today at Hy-Vee. Well, the shopping part wasn't so much the problem unless you call trying to maneuver a gigantic shopping cart through masses of people at 5pm. OK, so really, shopping wasn't that bad.

The fun actually started when I got to the checkout. I had a few of my own things to pay for and then I had some tax exempt stuff for work. I was in one line when the manager said someone could help me over here right away. Great! So I mosey on over to another aisle and proceed to dump my stuff onto the belt.

He rings the stuff up. I pay. He rings my stuff up for work and I pull out my PO Book. I don't have a credit card for work. Instead, I have a paper charge book. Well, before I came shopping someone at work gave me the account number I would need at Hy-Vee. After the cashier finishes ringing up my stuff he has no clue what to do, so he calls the manager over. The next guy didn't know how to do a store charge, so another gal comes over. The first guy calls someone else. It ends up being that I cannot do a store charge that I need a credit card instead.

So I call a co-worker who has a card because I don't have my freaking work phone with me to call my boss. She reads me the number and thank goodness, it works! It took me 15 minutes to get that straightened out. In the meantime, I have fudge bars that are melting in my cart.

At this point, I am ready to leave the store. Of course I get stuck behind some lady going 0 miles per hour who is not in a hurry what so ever.

Just a question...who isn't in a hurry at 5pm after working all day, spending quality time at the grocery store? OK, never mind.

Ahem....

I follow her, fairly close because I really want to get out of the store, but not close enough to hit the back of her feet. I was watching that closely. We get out the first doors. All is good! Then we hang a right and go out the next doors. She stops. Yep, right there, she stops, pulls out her rain bonnet for her hair and starts to put it on.

I did not have patience for this, so I push my cart around her while she is stopped. Did I mention there were about 3 separate people behind me, also? As I get around her and start turning to go out the last set of doors to the parking lot, she rams into the side of my cart! Can you believe that!!??

I was beyond speechless. Apparently she thought everyone should wait for her instead of going around her and was going to push her way back to the front. I turned around and looked at her like "you've got to be kidding me". You know that look, right?

So out the door I go. Now she's on the move, right on my heels! I feel like I'm being chased by grandma! I get to my car and then she goes to her car and that was that.

Until I spent the next 12 minutes trying to get out onto 22nd Avenue from the exit....

No comments: