Monday, July 13, 2009

today's sightings, geese and all

On my way to work this morning, I purposefully took the long way to work because I really, really wanted to get a picture of the geese standing along and beside the road. When I reached the point where the geese hang out, I had my camera in hand and my adrenaline was rushing, but as I approached, the geese were not there.

I was shocked. The geese have been there for at least a month. Many mornings I actually honk my horn at them in hopes of scaring the goose feathers right off of them making them move, instead of stare at me like I'm a weird tourist. But nope, they would stay right there. Sitting along side a highway where cars drive at least 65 miles per hour.

So as I ventured back towards my home after work, I took a shorter way home because I needed to pick up my two children from daycare. Low and behold, not prepared at all, there were geese on the road! Not the geese I was looking for, or at least I don't think they were the the geese, but I don't think they were. It's not like they have name tags on. Oh how much easier that would be.

But here these silly geese are. Standing beside the road. I figured as soon as I squealed slowed to a stop they would leave. Nope. They let me take their picture. Amazing. Almost as if they were posing.
I watched them for a few minutes and then they went into the nearby water for a break.
Quite possibly was two families because they stayed near each other like this, but in two separate clusters.
Still watching to see what I was doing.
Then tonight after a mild thunderstorm, as I was sitting upstairs twiddling my thumbs messing around on the laptop, the sky became very bright. I looked out my window and witnessed the most beautiful rainbow. It was actually a double rainbow. I ran downstairs and told the girls and the hubby to come with me. We grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures, standing there in our pajamas and all. Well, me anyhow. We could see the whole rainbow, but I could not get the whole thing in one picture. I really need to figure out how to do a panoramic picture.

No comments: