Friday, July 10, 2009

on the road

I was on my way to work this morning and I noticed a pile of what appeared to be carcass in the road. I just kept my eye on it as I approached it closer. Upon seeing that it was still fluffy, fresh, and in the driving lane, I steered to the left. As I got to it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was the strangest thing ever. A flock (is that what you call it?) of geese, were laying along side the road. All over beside the road. And two of them, which looked like love birds all snuggled up close, were sleeping ON THE ROAD! Me driving by them did not scare them. As I passed them, I was really wishing I had my camera to take a picture. I mean I'm used to these birds. They are always right next to the road, but never ON THE ROAD. Well, 5 miles down the road, I realized I did have my camera with me, but wasn't about to turn back.

Now, I wonder what the chances are of these birds still being there when I go home today. Probably slim. And I also wonder if the two that were sleeping in the road will be gone, as in, still alive, or if they will appear different. I guess time will tell, huh? I'll let you know when I get home.

No comments: