Thursday, May 28, 2009

Phone call with the vet

I received a post card from the vet saying our cats were due for their appointments in June, so I call to schedule and this is what I get.

Vet: "Can I place you on hold?"

Me: "Sure."

(long hold, like 8 minutes)

Vet: "You were on hold to schedule an appointment."

Me: "Yes."

Vet: "Ok, what day works best for you?"

Me: "Typically Fridays."

Vet: "Ok, we are probably full Friday. Would you like me to check?"

Me: "Umm, yes."

Vet: "Yes, you are on hold to schedule appointments for your two cats. We are full this week, how about next week?"

Me: "Um my 3 cats. Next Friday won't work."

Vet: "We are open until 8pm on Wednesdays."

Me: "What is the date next Wednesday?"

Vet: "I don't know, I don't have a calendar in front of me."

Me: "Oh, ok. What is your latest available?"

Vet: "I think our last appointment we take is 7pm."



Me: "Ok."



(Long silence, 1 minute)



Vet: "Would you like me to check?"

Me: (chuckling in disbelief) "Ummm, ya." (Isn't that the reason I called?

Vet: "Ok, hold please."

(Long silence, 5 minutes)

Vet: "You are on hold to schedule an appointment for your two cats. Wednesday at 7 is still available."

Me: "My 3 cats, yes. Great 7 will work."

Vet: "Ok, we'll see you on Friday."

Me: "I thought you said Wednesday."

Vet: "Yes, Wednesday at 7pm."

Aye yi yi. Yowsers. Strangest phone call I've had in awhile. When a person calls to schedule an appointment, isn't it usually the person answering the phone who is prepared to schedule an appointment? Maybe I'm wrong, but still....strange, strange, strange.

(OH and sorry about the spacing on here. Blogger is being a pain in my rear lately with spacing between my pictures and paragraphs. Also, very annoying.)

No comments: