Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am a mother

I'd like to say it's been an enjoyable Mother's Day, but this year was a bit different than past years. Not really, but somewhat. I'm into a more settled way of life. I mean I was married last year at this time also, but now I'm settled. You know, like, I'm no longer in school, I'm not working two jobs, and I'm actually home now. Plus I have a lovely cold...the kind where you can't breathe through your nose, you can't smell, and you can barely taste. But who am I to complain?


I have six wonderful kids. Six kids, some I've personally birthed, and some I have become a mother to through marriage. Either way, I am a mother to six kids. I'd like to say I'm a good mom. My kids can come to me with questions or thought about the day and my kids can tell me when they don't feel good. But sometimes when I look at other moms, I feel like I'm not doing the best I could be doing. However, I'm still a mom. I am someone who for them to look up to and someone for them to learn from.


I spent most of the morning and early afternoon in and out of bed. This cold has caused me to feel like I don't live in my own body. I feel like I'm in here, but can't see out, or that I am out and can't see in. I don't know, but I do know that this cold has caused me to be extremely tired. I'm going to flip a cartwheel when I can smell and breathe again....well, ok, maybe not a cartwheel, but I just might go back to my old feisty self. Good and bad.


The rest of the evening was spent at my mom's house and at my mother-in-laws house. Both were enjoyable. We gave all of our mom's pictures of us in frames, which was really nice for everyone because we NEVER get our pictures taken and actually give them out. We've been asked numerous times for pictures and have finally gotten them done. (Thanks to the timer on my camera, a box of crackers and a picnic table.) Yep that's right, I used my timer on my not so cheap camera while balancing it on a box of crackers on top of a picnic table. Hey....they turned out pretty good, don't you think?

I have no idea how I got so lucky to have everyone looking at the camera with halfway decent expressions on their faces considering I had just run from the camera and jumped into the picture. It was a great time though.

No comments: