Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ha! Twitter!

I swore I would never get Twitter. I told myself I didn't need it and it would be useless to me. But then I started following some people on Twitter and their updates and it looked fun, so I created an account. From there, I still didn't use my account, but had one. Now that was plain silly. So why now, did I start updating my Twitter?

Well....because it's fun....and because it's a great way for family and friends to stay up to date on the tiny things as they happen.

But there's another reason....

I love blogging and I love reading other blogs. Many of the blogs I follow are families with sick children or children who have went on to be with Jesus. So many of the blogs I keep up with also have Twitter and it's just little tidbits into their day or moment. Or it can serve a very important purpose. It can be updated from my phone, as I sit in a waiting room, while my children are in surgery, when I am not able to make phone calls. It can be updated when surgery is in progress, complete, or whenever. I have personally received updates from Twitter regarding people while they are in surgery, and it's a really nice way of knowing what's going on without being directly there.

So, as we progress towards the doctors today to learn more about surgery tomorrow and to learn more about what will happen with Shaylee, I can update to Twitter for you all to see before I am able to actually post to my blog. (We all know life can get busy and sometimes those get delayed.)

I encourage those of you who are praying for us and who are anxiously awaiting the progress to follow me on Twitter, either through my blog, through following me on Twitter under the updates, or even by getting your own account and officially following me. Like I mentioned last night in a "tweet" you can set up your cell phone to receive my updates as a text, or simply go to twitter.com to follow.

If you have any questions about Twitter, please ask, and I can explain further what you need to do. But it's pretty self-explanatory.

I'm nervous, anxious, hopeful, skeptical, optimisitic, and greatful for what is about to happen today. To finally get answers. To finally see the light at the end of tunnel. The time is nearing very soon to leave.

I will post an official update when I am home and have time. Until then, watch Twitter for updates.

No comments: