Friday, May 15, 2009

D.A.R.E Graduation for Shaylee

In fifth grade, all of the students go through the D.A.R.E program to teach the kids about drugs and alcohol and saying no. Today was graduation. There were two classes graduating. Shaylee got to do the welcome and introduction and she did an awesome job. Her teacher is always bragging about her and how well she reads. In fact, her teacher says she is her favorite student and tries to call on her whenever there will be long readings because Shaylee reads so well. Needless to say, she did awesome today! Her voice was clear and she was so confident.
She got to shake Officer Pike's hand when she finished. You can see how proud she is by the look on her face.
Mrs. Ristesund (her teacher) handed out the certificate.
Then she proceeded on to shake Officer Pike's hand.
Then it was the State's Attorney, Clyde Calhoon.
And afterwards I snapped a couple of cute pictures.
She was definitely happy. We are so proud of her. Now hopefully this information will stick with her when the times are tougher in a few years. Yikes! Scary thoughts....

3 comments:

Crystal said...

How fun!! I remember my DARE class. I still have the shirt! :)

Anonymous said...

She is so pretty, Val. What a nice smile!

Anonymous said...

Shaylee, Grandma is so proud of you! Awesome pictures! You are such a pretty girl and my friends who see your picture agree and tell me so! And the reading part I know you are really good at that; remember when you were reading to Jerry out of my Big Book? You impressed us both that day! Love ya!!!!