Tuesday, October 27, 2009

trip to hospital

I guess I should have knocked on wood or maybe kept my mouth shut before I posted about waiting because I know the obvious was inevitable and the obvious has arrived.

Shaylee came home sick from school today, early this morning. This evening there was a fever as high as 103.7. She looks terrible. She sounds terrible. She feels terrible.

Then I noticed something very wrong with Jayden's central line scar from over 2 years ago. The two holes had bumps coming out of them, kind of like a zit. It was red all the way around it. There was a bump underneath it and it was hot and he didn't like it.

After calling the ER and telling them about it, they said I needed to bring him in. So I did. It was a quick trip, thankfully. The doctor basically popped it and yucky green puss came out of it. He swabbed it to see if it's MRSA, which will take a couple of days. Then he traced around it with a permanent marker for us to use as a base line. It shouldn't get any redder beyond the marker line. They called in a prescription for Bactrim, told us to put some warm packs on it for the swelling and to see our regular doctor in two days. The doctor didn't figure the infection had spread to the rest of his body, so this is good.

Now, hopefully we can get that healed and get everyone healthy before Halloween, or we could be laying low this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, If we're all sick anyway, we can have our own Halloween celebration! Haha