Sunday, October 18, 2009

busy weekend

We had a very busy weekend. Yesterday the girls were in a volleyball tournament that lasted all day. Shaylee's team, 6th grade, took 2nd place. It was a heart-breaker for her though because they had made it to that final championship game and then they lost the tie breaker game at the last 3 points. I still think they did great, I mean they got 2nd place and they got a trophy!

Shawndra's team, 5th grade, took 3rd place. Both girls played very well and had a lot of fun, but it sure tired them out. They both fell asleep in the truck on the way home.

Then we had to swing over to Elkton to pick up the other kids at grandpa and grandma's. We were supposed to make it to a wedding yesterday, but with the tournament, we didn't. We did make it to the reception (a little late). I wasn't too sure about going in the attire we were wearing, but we knew we couldn't waste anymore time, since the supper had started an hour prior. It was beautiful. The colors were the warm fall colors. And they had fun little bite sized pies to snack on for dessert. Yum! As a thank you, they sent home some apple butter and apple jelly...homemade!

Today we went to an auction and loaded up on lots of stuff. Then we came home and took care of our ginormous yard that was cluttered with zillions of leaves. Oh my gosh, I mowed up leaves and dumped the bag probably over a hundred times. It took me 4 hours. While I was doing that, Mike was finishing up the trailer and the kids were helping to rake. Our yard looks great. Now we'll see how long that lasts before the last few leaves fall or the wind switches and we get the neighbors leaves!

Did I mention that I have no pictures because my battery in my camera died BEFORE the championship game. However, another parent is supposed to be emailing us the pictures and when they do, I will add them up here.

No comments: