Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jayden's leg

Back a few years ago, roughly two, Jayden had some surgeries done to try to help stop his severe apnea. Doctors didn't really know what was wrong with him or why he kept turning blue. It was a very scary time. I reference a post from the year anniversary of his longest hospital stay, the one where a central line was put in his groin. Who would have thought two years later we would run into problems because of that central line.

Do you remember when he had his Mic-Key button taken out and the surgeon brought up the size difference in his legs? If not, please read this and it will further explain some of the issues he has had because of the old central line.

Now two days ago, I noticed his scar from the central line, which typically looks like a bite with two holes, was looking quite odd and not good. After a phone call to the ER they said I needed to bring him in. The scar was very red, swollen and had two blackish pussy looking things coming out of the holes. Here is what it looks like two days later.

Jayden is currently taking antibiotics to try to reduce the infection while we wait for the culture to see if it is MRSA. Since he has been MRSA positive before, it's likely that this could be the case this time. He goes to the doctor tomorrow for a follow up. I really expected his leg to look better than this. It still looks nasty. His leg is very sore and he doesn't like his thigh to be touched anywhere. I'm hoping the doctor tomorrow might have some better answers than the ER, or we might head back to Sioux Falls for the original doctor to look at it.

As for my previous post on GOING PRIVATE, I haven't decided yet if I'm going to now. I really like sharing in Mckmama's Not Me Monday posts and by going private I wouldn't be able to do that. I might try reading the comments first before they are published to take care of the one problem. As for the other problem, well, I'm not sure yet on that.

On another note, I would encourage you to visit MckMama's blog. Her sweet Stellan is in the hospital and is not doing well.

No comments: