Thursday, October 1, 2009

a different perspective

Could someone please tell me where this year has gone? My gosh, it seems like yesterday when it was last winter, and the beginning of summer. And now, here it is, October. That seriously just amazes me.

I once heard the reason why time goes so fast when you get older is because you've lived so much life in your past. Many years worth. Where as a three year old who is waiting for their birthday thinks it takes forever because they don't have a huge life to compare it to. Make sense? I've lived a 1/3 of my life already. A three year old is just beginning life. It just puts things in a different perspective. I've celebrated so many holidays and birthdays that when they roll around again, it seems like yesterday. But to someone so young, they have nothing but the future to look to and that seems like forever to them.

Our kids are so young where many thing in the future take forever and they in fact, say, "that'll take forever". Remember to think in their shoes. It makes a person think in a different perspective.

No comments: