Friday, September 11, 2009

yesterday

Yesterday was a strange day. As you see from my post or Tweets, I came across a turtle in the street right in town. I wandered over to it, took my shoe off beside it, put my shoe back on, pushed on it's shell a little bit with my foot, and then took some more pictures. I was so intrigued by the size of this turtle in town and the fact that it didn't look like any other turtle. Fast forward to some tweets from my husband and I realized or actually he told me it was a snapping turtle. He asked if it tried to get me and I laughed and said no. I'm seriously, it was a turtle crying out loud! He then tells me to search on youtube for a video, so I did.

Oh my gosh!!

Never, did I realize how fast a snapping turtle could move, jump, bite, or whatever it is they do. I was awestruck by the fact that I seriously could have gotten attacked by a turtle! Note to self...lesson learned...don't provoke a snapping turtle, for it might provoke me back.

Then, I am picking up Jayden and Devin from daycare. Jayden is being his cute self, saying bye, and pointing out things that he knows the words too. Jayden is deathly afraid of flies. He panics and cries and literally freaks out. Walking to the car, in his bright yellow tank top and shorts, he sees a bee buzzing around my bumper. I am deathly afraid of bees. So I'm politely trying to hurry him along, "come on Jayden", "come on, let's go", "let's get in your seat". But he's poking along at a leisurely pace watching that bee. And me, I'm about freaking out praying that it won't come in the car, and what if it does, then what will I do?! He finally came, and the bee left and it didn't come into the car. And I was soooo thankful!!

Yesterday must have been my day to deal with nature or something. I thought it was a crazy day, but maybe it was all the other "happenings" that were going on as well.

No comments: