Friday, September 18, 2009

wow what a day

Let's just say we've had quite the day today. It was a busy, somewhat, fun filled day if you consider having your hood up on the interstate, crabby kids, puking toddlers, and doctor appointments.
The day began with Jayden having speech therapy at home, for the first time, instead of at daycare. Jayden doesn't like to cooperate in his own home or anywhere usually, but that's beside the point. He didn't want to sit and cooperate. We got through that. Finally.
Next up, Devin had an appointment today. At her appointment, Jayden became extremely upset at her because she was sitting in the chair he wanted to sit in. Even though he already had a chair he had been sitting in. She wouldn't move, so he started throwing his shoes, chairs and books at Devin. That was the final straw, so we left. Mike stayed with Devin and I took Jayden to the car and buckled him in his seat.
Off to McDonalds for the kids and Subway for us. So far so good. We're cruising down the interstate and I'm feeling warm. I was wearing black shorts and the sun was shining, so warm wasn't unusual, except this time the air wouldn't keep up. Mike and I kept feeling the air coming out of the vents, which wasn't coming out fast or very cold. Then I noticed it sounded funny. Finally, I'm really warm and wondering what's wrong with the car, so we pull over at the next exit. Mike gets out and checks the car and this is what we see.

Might look normal to the naked eye, right? Except the white hose shouldn't be white. Mike's first words were, "oh my". So he starts tearing apart the dash or glove box, heck I don't know, I was too busy looking at the trash, corn, kids, road, traffic, and snapping pictures of course.

Then we go back out to the front and keep looking for something that could be blocking the vent or something. Well, he was looking to fix the problem, but remember I was busy doing other stuff, like snapping pictures!The warmth from the sun and not using the A/C caused our frozen condenser to unfreeze. Whew. We thought we were on the mend until it did it again, and then twice on the way home from Sioux Falls. Probably have to get it in to the shop or something soon.
We did some shopping before my doctor appointment. Jayden ran into a table and bit his upper lip. Blood was gushing everywhere. Well, not gushing, but coming out quickly for awhile. I used several wipes and kleenex to try to stop it, but he was pissed and poopy. Bad combination. He flipped over in my car where we happened to be changing him and now he's getting blood all over my seats. Ugh. I did manage to get it cleaned up fairly well.a
Our final stop of the day was Sam's Club, where the two kids showed some serious problems with each other. Jayden was ticked and pushing against Devin, then pinching her. I was so sick of trying to stop it I finally told her to do it back to him. I'm sure we looked great standing there in line with our kids pushing and pinching each other while in the cart. Jayden was screaming, Devin was whining. Oh it was a very fun trip.
On the way home, after a snack of sliced apples, this is what we found once we pulled into the garage.
Two very tired, very quiet, very sound asleep children in the backseat resting comfortably.
The fun of the evening starts during supper. Jayden doesn't want to eat, he's mad, he wants to throw his plate, he pitches his fork on the floor and whines and cries. So I put him in his room. Then he wants out. He wants to eat. But he won't eat. So back down he goes. Now he goes downstairs, looks at me, cries, and starts to do the vomit burps. I grab a tote and well...details aren't important at this point, but let's just say he has thrown up three times in one hour. He has had two diapers leak through. Right now he's trying to sleep. We're hoping he's ok, but we're actually questioning food poisoning from McDonalds. (Devin had a stomach ache most of the day and now he's sick.)

No comments: