Tuesday, September 29, 2009

lesson learned

I was getting out of Madison late tonight and had told my daycare provider I would be there by 5:15, which led me to driving slightly fast. I figured I had made up good time, but coming around the S-curves I came upon a big van with a hand written note in the back window "handicap person on board" going 20mph. Seriously. No passing either because on coming traffic was thick. Let's just say me and everyone else behind me were weaving in and out trying to find a way to pass, with no luck.

As if that wasn't bad enough, then I turn to go to the daycare's house and Mike calls and says he's there. So I traveled faster than normal, ended up losing time being stuck behind that slow car, and finally didn't even need to pick up the kids because he was there. Ugh.

Home I went, saying a few select words. Nothing like rushing for no good reason. Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Kath- said...

OMG I see that van all the time and get so frustrated cause they drive so dang slow

Val said...

I don't think I could handle seeing it all the time. I'd probably push it along with my car.