Wednesday, September 2, 2009

grandma

My grandma is not doing well. I went to see her on Saturday and she didn't know who I was. I rubbed her arm and tried to make the connection with my name, my dad, my daughter, but nothing worked. The brightness is missing from her eyes, she has severe dementia, double pneumonia and has been taken off a majority of her medications. She is now taking less than 1/3 of what she used to take.

I talked to my dad tonight and he said it's even worse than it was. Her lungs are rattling. The nurses say she isn't eating good and that she is preparing for her exit.

We pray at this point that GOD takes her soon and ends this life so she can begin her eternal life in heaven and be reunited with grandpa.

Many tears have been shed for her, but that is the selfish side of us, the part that wants her Earthly body to be here. We know it will be a sad time when she passes, but at the same time, we know her quality of life is not well anymore.

No comments: