Sunday, January 1, 2012

another year...this and that

Happy New Year! We welcome yet another year into our lives, with new hopeful resolutions. Each year it seems the same things get started, the same dreams and resolutions. To lose weight. To save money. To be a better parent. To spend more time with the kids. And the list goes on and on.

Last year I made a typical resolution to lose weight, but the most exciting resolution was to stay on top of developing pictures and put them into albums. I made huge progress on this one. I have gotten all of the pictures (all 13,000) sorted, prints ordered, and albums started. I did run out of empty photo albums, so until I can purchase more, I have lots of prints sorted by date in a box waiting to be put into an album. The albums I do have done have been flipped through many times by the kids. Why didn't I do this sooner?!

We have also ordered a new computer which should be here in 1-2 weeks (hopefully sooner). I have never backed up my pictures, so I finally got that done this week with many thanks to my husband. I bought an external hard drive and transferred everything over. It was a little trickier than I expected, but with Mike being such a whiz at computers, I let him do the work.

The first resolution about losing weight, I made some progress on this fall, but went on hiatus at Thanksgiving. I plan on getting back on track this week. I would like to make a ticker to put on the blog to show the progress I make towards this, but haven't got around to it yet. Plus, it's still a hard subject to be so publicly honest about. We'll see how I sort out these feelings and how I choose to project them or not.

Over the last 5-6 months I have often thought of ending my writing and sharing in this blog. However, something keeps me coming back. I think it has something to do with the fact I have been blogging for almost 4 years now and I hate to end something that is fun to go back and look at. My goal this year is to continue blogging and update more regularly. Initially it may be daily, but I honestly can't foresee staying that on top of it as time passes!

I have opened up comments on here again to anonymous people, so feel free to leave your comments. If the spam starts up again, I may have to stop, but for now, let me know what you think...if you want.

Happy New Year! Let's bring on 2012!

1 comment:

Micheala said...

Keep blogging Val!!!