Tuesday, January 24, 2012

stitches out

Devin got her stitches out while I was working today. Mike said she just giggled and giggled and showed no signs of pain, once again. Seems to be a constant thing with her. It's still wrapped and protected by the finger guard.

I also learned a little more about Devin's reaction to when this all happened. I was giving her a bad time tonight because she won't look at her finger. Today she still wouldn't look at her finger. So I asked her if she looked at it when it happened and she said she did just to see if it was bleeding. She said it was and said there was a big drop of blood hanging on the bottom. Mike failed to tell me the rest of the story.

Devin was going into shock. She looked at her finger and then started to shake, so the teachers had to keep talking to her to keep her alert. They asked her questions constantly and asked her about Christmas. Then, one of the teachers even rode with Mike in the truck to keep talking to her on the way to Brookings. I guess the teacher later got a ride with one of her roommates.

Sure would have been nice to know the whole story, but I guess that's what I get for not asking questions.

Devin's finger is still white on the side. The tip is still pink. That is good. The stuff on the side will likely fall off yet. As will her nail.

No comments: