Sunday, January 8, 2012

fitness challenge thoughts

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new eight week fitness challenge we are starting at work. I'm excited and anxious about it because we've never done anything like this at work and I feel like it will be an extra boost to what I am already doing at home.

After taking a month long hiatus after Thanksgiving and through Christmas, I find myself re-losing a few pounds I had already lost. I was bummed to see I had gained some weight back, but in reality, I knew I would gain over Christmas because of all the good food. I also knew that I would be getting back on track to how well I was doing after New Year's Day, so for me there was always a light at then end of the tunnel. Or a guide for me.

The first few days after New Year's were definitely hard for me. I have such an addiction to food that after I binge like I did over Christmas my body starts reacting with signs of withdrawal to the junk food I used to feed it. I feel a sense of panic when I crave a food and don't let myself have it. I make my willpower kick in and get me through the moment. Food thoughts consume my thoughts a majority of the day.

I'm an emotional eater and I eat more so when I am bored. The minute I start wanting to eat, I take the time to figure out how I am feeling. I am physically full, but my body is reacting with hunger signs which make feel like I want to eat, or chew, should I say. It's not that my body is hungry or needing fuel, it's my mind playing tricks on me making me feel like that's the normal thing to do. Eat.

Now that the accountability will follow me at work as well as home, I am excited about what the future holds. My mind is on track. I'm getting in activity every day, drinking lots of water, and focusing on my good healthy guidelines. Sometimes those guidelines are hard, especially getting 5 fruits or veggies in every day. Today when I was walking the dog, we even jogged three different times. It's not far or long, but it really gets my heart rate up. I have a goal of completing a 5K by this summer.

Wish me good thoughts and luck! I know I can do this.

No comments: