Saturday, January 14, 2012

should be

I should be dressed.
I should be on my way to Clear Lake.
I should be anticipating the day watching my oldest in her basketball tournament.
I should be enjoying some time away. Just me. Watching her.
I should be getting bleacher butt (aka...sore butt from bleachers).
I should be happy that it snowed.
I should be doing laundry.
I should be letting the dog out.
I should be picking up the house.
But alas, I am sitting under a warm blanket, watching two boys play the Wii, listening to the dryer sing, the washer clean, the dog snore, the cats hiss, the floors creek, the furnace hum, and the wind blow because it snowed. And when it snows, even just a small amount, it means my husband works and my motherly duties of watching the younger two kicks in. Therefore, I stay home, until my husband comes home, and if there is still time, I will then head to the tournament. In the meantime, I stay warm under my blanket, typing to you.

No comments: