Wednesday, January 11, 2012

me jogging

Yep you read that title correctly. Me jogging. I always dreamed I would get to that point, but never thought I would actually be able to do it. When I've tried in years past, I have started to fast and almost been at a sprint. Not tonight though. While walking on the treadmill, I wanted to see what I could do. I actually pushed myself into jogging mode. 2 minutes without walking. I actually did it. That may not seem like much to you who read this blog, but to me it's a huge monument. To make it even better, I actually jogged 2 minutes 4 different times tonight.

I'm so proud of myself! It wasn't fast, but it wasn't at a speed where I could walk. This is my year! This is the year I will do this!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you too!!! Isn't it a great feeling? I did the couch to 5K program last summer and it was awesome! Great job and keep up the hard work!!!

Steph in ND

Val said...

I tried that C25K a few years ago, but stopped after a week or two. I've also had 3 surgeries on my knees, which makes it all the more difficult. I'm hoping my knees can tolerate this because I have heard of the "runner's high"!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Val! I am so proud of you! MaMa