Tuesday, January 3, 2012

club volleyball

Club Volleyball is stressing me out. Considering I have to pay a big chunk of money for this program, I would expect a better support system when asking questions and getting information out. It all started when there were tryouts, but I learned that day that they aren't really tryouts that it's more of a "if you choose to pay the fees, you are in", so then I was faced with the decision of if we could afford to do it or not.

After we sent in our registration papers once we decided we would do it, we were told we would receive a phone call from the coach letting us know what team she would be on. We didn't receive a phone call, but rather an email, and a day late from when we should know.

The next irritating factor was that I had specific questions to ask the director, which I had done a week prior to the forms being due. I forwarded the same email to the same person the day the forms were due. After all, I had questions on how volleyball practices and basketball practices and games work together. I never received any replies until 5 days after the forms were sent in.

After we were told what team she was on, we were told we would receive the practice schedule before Christmas. Today is January 3rd and we still haven't received it. However, today they sent out an email saying the Academy calendar is up on the website. So I go to the site and click on the link that says "click here" (haha) for the volleyball schedule and all it does is takes me to the homepage (again), but in a new window. Frustrated, I replied to the email from the director about the calendar. I have still received no replies and I continue to check the site, which still has the incorrect hyperlink.

I fished around on the site trying to find someone who I could email my questions to, but of course that is the same person that sent the original email that hasn't replied to my email.

I am so frustrated with this process so far. It's like waiting for nothing when everything is on the line. Did that make sense? Ha, probably not. All I know is practice starts in two weeks, but I don't know anything more than that. So trying to put together volleyball and basketball will be a last minute arrangement, I guess.


Or maybe I just need to turn to dog bones to destress myself. :)

No comments: