Sunday, January 2, 2011

my resolution

I've been giving the whole resolution thing a lot of thought and I couldn't decide what I really wanted my resolution to be this year. I have the typical resolution to lose weight and as optimistic as I would like to be, I have had this resolution every year I think and have never really succeeded. But, it's still a resolution.

The one I am most excited about is maybe silly to some of you, but is something that is very doable. In fact, I have been very busy trying to catch up from the errors of this mistake from years past. Drum roll please.....

This year (and every year) from here on out, I will stay on top of developing pictures that I take and placing them into photo albums so my children can look at them. Let me back up.

I used to be really good at taking pictures and getting them developed. The first 6 months of Jayden's life fill a photo album. And that's where I stopped. Seriously. He is going to be 4 next month. That means I have 3 1/2 years of pictures to sort through and get developed and placed into albums. Today I made good on part of this. I actually got through 6 months of pictures and ordered them online. They'll be here in 3 days! And I got through another 2 months and they are now online and ready to be ordered. Plus, I bought 2 photo albums at Wal-Mart today.

Another resolution I have is much more serious and requires me to be more honest and vulnerable. I plan to admit my faults, learn to apologize, and put my frustrations into words. Simply put. Enough said. Now the hard part....actually working on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome, Val!!