Sunday, January 23, 2011

oh dryer

This is what we do on Saturday nights, at least last night anyhow. And it's been needing to be done for a long time. Our dryer has been taking roughly 3-4 hours to dry a load of clothes. Mike has been wanting to clean it out, but finding the time was the challenge.
It was a mess. He took it all apart and there was lint everywhere. In certain places it was inches thick and covered everything.
Once we found the heating element, we found black lint. I had already vacuumed it up before I took a picture of it, but this is what the inside looked like, or what was left that didn't initially suck up. I'm actually surprised (and relieved) that we didn't have a fire from this dryer.
I'm also thankful my husband is so handy with everything, can fix anything, and enjoys doing these projects.
After this picture I went upstairs and didn't come back down until he hollered. What I saw was a huge pile of lint, yet I couldn't figure out where it came from because I had already vacuumed everything. He said that is what he pulled out of the vent hose. One piece was about 5 inches by 6 inches thick, wet, and definitely a big cause why our dryer wasn't working.
Now, our first load, was dry within 45 minutes!

1 comment:

Kath- said...

WOW!! I would send those pics to the manufactor. That is so scary to think what could of happened.