Thursday, November 12, 2009

so excited

If you follow me on Twitter, then you may have seen a tweet I sent out earlier today stating how excited I am.

Early Head Start applied for an expansion grant back in July. We were told we would hear in September, then the end of September, then October, then the middle of October, and then in December.

Today we heard. And we got that grant. Why does this mean I am so excited? Well, there is a very very high probability that my job will be moving to Brookings. Not so much my job. But EHS would add another position to Brookings, making it possible for me to transfer over.

So yes, I am excited. Had we not gotten that grant, then there would have been no hope for me to transfer and I would continue commuting 35 miles one way to work.

I do not know the time frame when I will find out, but it should be soon. First step was being awarded the grant, second step is figuring out how exactly to use the money and where the needs are highest. There is a large waiting list in Brookings, so chances are very good.

No comments: