Friday, November 27, 2009

early morning shopping

The alarm ringing at 2:30am was quite a shock. I jumped out of bed, not quite sure what that noise was, fumbled with the alarm clock, then realized it was the alarm clock on my phone. I was up and it was time to get going.

We were out the door by 3am, headed to Sioux Falls, in search of great deals. And I must say, we found some most excellent deals!

Our first stop was JCPenny's. Even though there were tons of people, it was still easy to maneuver through the store. We found some great deals. So many people were carrying big boxes of kitchen items and rushing to the checkouts, then out the door to the next stop. It was amusing to see people scurry about.

Next up was Shopko. Driving by, I laughed at the people standing outside of Best Buy and I was so thankful we didn't have to go there, or want to go there. I was a bit surprised to see the huge lines of people outside of Shopko when we arrived. I believe their line was as big as Best Buys. The kicker was they had 2 sets of doors and people were only lined up at 1, so we went to the other door where a sign read these doors would open 2nd to the other doors. A few minutes later, a manager came and said they would not open those doors. That made a few customers mad because the signs said they would open. Anyhow, a short time later, the doors opened and people from the parking lot and the other doors mingled in with the long line and entered. That made people standing in line upset! So we just wandered right in. It's not like the line was cramped going through the doors, I mean, there were big open spots. Worked out pretty slick.

I stopped to look at some picture frames and a lady kept nudging my hip with her cart, but I pretended I didn't feel it. There were so many people and they were literally running through the store! We gathered a few items and then found the end of the check-out line. That was interesting. They had blue tape on the floor with arrows and the line went in and out of their aisles. I believe it took about 30-40 minutes to get to the check-out.

We then played a little tag in Sioux Falls with my cousin. We thought we needed to meet them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, so we went there and found ourselves in the midst of a traffic jam. Just when we get there and explain where we parked, she said we were supposed to be at Best Buy. So we headed back that direction and met up with them.

Finally, we headed to Wal-Mart and got everything we wanted out of the ad, which was nice considering we weren't there at 5am, but more like 6:30. One manager even told me something I was looking for was sold out. As we wandered to the check-out, I found an entire display of that item. Guess she didn't know what she was talking about.

IHOP was next on our agenda as our stomachs were growling. We ate and headed back to the mall to Old Navy. That line wrapped around the store as well. But I did get some really cute sleeper pajamas for Jayden.

After Old Navy, we were wiped out, and ready to head home, so that's exactly what we did. I even got an 1 1/2 nap in. Mike said I was out cold. After my nap, we took Jayden to the doctor where he was placed on antibiotics again. My throat has been killing me all day and I'm already on antibiotics, so this could be interesting to see what comes of it. With Mike having pneumonia, I hope I don't get it.

All in all, today was a blast and worth the trip. I can't tell you about some of the deals as they are gifts, but I'm sure you'll hear soon enough.

No comments: