Sunday, February 20, 2011

my feelings

Every year during this time of the winter I find my fuse to be much shorter and my tolerance of many things previously accepted to be much smaller. My children have cabin fever and are wound tighter than a cork screw. As I try to deal with my children while my husband is working because of yet another blizzard, I find my temper is easily set off. Today my feelings are all over the place, along with many other days this winter. I need my husband to be home. He keeps my feelings in check and keeps me more grounded.

I'm extremely sick of one of my kids compulsively lying. This has been an ongoing issue for years, yet nothing changes. Today he let me know that he doesn't think any consequences apply to him, which is why he does what he's not supposed to do, does things without asking, and continues to get under my skin. He is not allowed to be on the computer or Wii and this morning I find him on the computer, without asking, not that it would have mattered since he's grounded from it, and then lied to me saying he wasn't on it. After a quick call to my husband he told me he did this yesterday too while I was gone. My feelings are full of anger and confusion because I don't know what to do anymore.

All I know is my feelings cycle through the same vicious roller coaster every year at almost precisely the same time. :(

No comments: