Thursday, February 24, 2011

the birthday cake

So my little Jayden doesn't usually like to be the center of attention, unless it's on his own terms. And even then, that can flip faster than a light switch. He was happy and smiling cute for his pictures and admiring his cake, when I think he decided he had enough.
I stopped taking pictures and went back into the living room because I was waiting for Mike to stop in so we could eat cake. (Bad weather, he was working.) The next thing I heard was Joseph screaming that Jayden was pulling the cake towards him, so I flew back into the kitchen just in time for Jayden to take a good smack at his cake.
It wasn't the cutest cake, but it was big. And now it was missing a chunk and there was a birthday boy who refused to come out of his room for over 20 minutes. We ate cake without him, didn't sing happy birthday, and didn't light candles. He came out eventually and ate some cake and opened presents and was fine.

No comments: