Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year in Review: May-August

May

We took the kids to the zoo in Sioux Falls and took over 300 pictures, managing to get a decent family picture. Then we took some more pictures with the camera resting on an electrical box and the wind caught it causing the camera to fall while still taking pictures.I faced the reality that Shaylee and Jayden were both likely going to have surgery the same day. Then a few weeks later, we found out the cause to Shaylee's stomach problems were due to something that didn't require surgery.

We woke up one morning to find blue paw prints all over the counter. The culprit was a kitten with a blue paw from walking through the wet paint.

Shaylee graduated from D.A.R.E. I gave a lesson on Twitter on how to use Twitter for the sole reason of Jayden having surgery the next day. I swore I would never have Twitter. Jayden went into surgery to have his Mic-key button removed.

When he woke up we had another shock of our lives. The surgeon came to visit with us about the size difference in his legs, which we had already noticed. We were told after numerous drawings, phone calls, and visits that as long as he keeps using his leg and it keeps growing in length, not to worry.

Jayden moved up to a twin bed, instead of his toddler bed. We spent a day at the lake, the cats killed birds, and I had strange phone calls with random people.

June


In June we got mass amounts of rain, flooding our street. Jayden's tantrums continued to get worse. We talked about doing some brush therapy on him during OT. I had a huge rummage sale, the girls started softball, and I went to Washington DC for a week to a National Conference. The very hour I arrived in DC, there was a major fatal accident on the Metro that caused my entire family to worry about my safety. Mike and I traded the van off and got a suburban.

July
We spent the 4th of July at the lake enjoying the water, family and good friends. I experienced some medical problems that required many tests and some very expensive medication. We were quite surprised at the results of everything, which I never did disclose to my bloggy world. The kids enjoyed having the pool on the deck with the slide in it.

The kids played with GOOP for the first time and became addicted to how fun it was to play with. Joseph especially liked it on his head.

We redid our deck, which was a huge process of sanding, replacing boards and painting. My step-mother almost killed me on the highway coming home one day.

August

The girls finished up their season of softball. We found mold and a plant growing in the girls room in their carpet and had to move everything out to shampoo in there. I continued to take lots of pictures of nature and things I found pretty. I bought Jayden underwear and took pictures of him in a pair, even though he wasn't ready. We celebrated Shaylee and Dalton's birthday. I made up the word tunaie. I convinced Shaylee to play the flute in band. The kids started school and Devin colored on her wall in black permanent marker. Mike experienced a welding burn to his eyes and there was a bomb threat in Volga.

No comments: