Tuesday, December 8, 2009

a bit annoyed

I find myself feeling a bit annoyed tonight. I haven't been able to put a finger on it exactly. I feel it could be the challenges of raising children, or maybe it's the weather, or maybe it's the fact that I'm overweight and I hate it, or maybe it's the changes coming with my job.

Either way, I feel a bit annoyed.

Maybe I should use the word bothered instead. If I say I feel a bit bothered, does that sound better? Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, I feel a bit annoyed.

I have been officed in the same house now since I started my job a year ago this past August. In fact, other Family Advocates have been officed in this same house for the past 11 years. But now the time has come where my job is vacating that office. I knew it was coming because I had heard little pieces of this task in previous months, maybe warmer months. However, now it's not so warm, and I find myself a bit annoyed.

I am employed with a great job, a job that I love. But something I don't like is the upcoming move out of my office into a different place. Right now, my office is housed in a 3-bedroom house and is packed full from top to bottom with toys and resources. In simpler terms, it looks like a preschool in every room and it is safe for children who are under 3 years old to come there. It's a great house, a warm house, it's "Val's House". Well at least that's what my little ones call it when they come to my house.

But either way, I feel a bit annoyed. I have had to ask my family and friends to move me out of my office. I was told end of November I would need to be out by December 31st. I don't have a problem with that. What I seem to be bothered by is the fact that I had to ask my husband and my dad to help me move.

Isn't it odd that my family and friends have to help move a business that I don't own? I am merely an employee who reported to work for the past year in this home, but now find myself largely responsible to get it packed and get it moved.

My boss has been wonderful, making phone calls, cleaning out storage sheds, and just having open ears for me to vent to. She is going to play a big part in this move too and will be there to help us move. I am grateful for that.

I am anxious for this move to be complete and for the stress of this move to vanish. For now, I still feel a bit bothered. Yes, bothered sounds better.

No comments: