Thursday, June 18, 2009

watching the weather

We are experiencing our first severe weather of summer. We thought it was going to be worse than what has come so far. The sirens have been howling for half hour and the scanner and news have been jabbering with sirens going. Funnels have been seen within a few miles of us, but so far we are good. The kids were a little freaked out to be woke up and told to go to the game closet, which is under the stairs. Then I think they thought it was fun, once they stopped whimpering.

I can remember being scared as a child too. Deathly afraid to be honest. Living in a mobile home for several years is enough to scare the dickens out of anyone during a storm. But at the same time, I miss the sound of the rain on the roof.

Wow, it is POURING here now. I love the smell of rain. I love thunder. And lightning is beautiful as well.

No comments: