Saturday, June 27, 2009

Amazing architecture and friendly critters

Washington DC has the friendliest squirrels and birds because they are so used to tourist being everywhere. In fact, the birds will even sit on the same table with you as you eat, waiting for any droppings of food to scavenge for. This little guy was watching me over by the Washington Monument.
They are everywhere. It's really fun to be within a couple of feet of the little critters and not have them act so skittish in return. This one was enjoying a tasty snack.
I was constantly amazed at the beautiful architecture of the buildings in DC. The buildings are absolutely beautiful and feature amazing designs. I noticed this one on the way to the White House on Tuesday. I couldn't take a lot of time to actually take the pictures because we didn't have a lot of time to stop at everything I wanted to see. So I quickly shot pictures as I walked so I did have something to show when I came home.
This is the Department of Treasury building. The statue in front is of Albert Gallatin, Secretary of Treasury. The big pillars in the front of the buildings were a common theme among many different buildings.
This picture looks up the street. You can see how beautiful the buildings are and how compact things are.

Just another view of Washington DC.
The man sitting down was extremely strange and really tried his best to annoy the tourists at the White House. He had a megaphone and constantly spoke into it different songs ranging from Christmas music to Sesame Street. Then he started preaching from the Gospel and then back to random thoughts. He never quieted down. When I asked the police officer about him he just said this is the first day he actually had the microphone and was probably just showing his way of protesting. Either way, it was comical.
Of course there were street musicians playing for money. This gentleman couldn't play well, but still brought in a fair amount of green money.
Tomorrow will begin the best post, I think. I will start with the memorials and the White House and see how far I get. Maybe I'll even try to get one posted tonight yet.

Remember, I'm trying to sort through 500 pictures. It's hard to only use a handful.

No comments: