Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday




Not Me! Monday was created by MckMama and you can go visit her site to read her marvelous posts along with many other faithful wolverines (as she would call them) here.



I did not get so annoyed with the hospital and clinics this week because they were lacking in communication and because they told me that "so and so" would call me first thing in the morning. Well of course, when 3:20pm rolled around, I did not feel any hostility when the phone rang.



I did not catch my cat making friends (I think) with a bird this weekend. And I did not hear non-stop tweeting from a little bird that my kitten had also made friends with. Even though this did not happen, there are certainly no photos to prove it.







And yes, for those who are soft-hearted, this little bird was fine, and they remained friends.



I did not read ALL of MckMama's post on "blurry backgrounds" and immediately attempt to take pictures like she does. That would be completely silly of me to try to make a picture look as brilliant as MckMama. Since I never tried to take pictures where the subject is crisp and the background is blurry, it would be completely pointless to post this picture.

Obviously the subject of this picture is crisp as can be and the background is blurry. Hmmm, maybe I did not gasp at complete frustration because of this. Nope, not me! I was completely happy with this picture and did not get upset or annoyed with my picture taking abilities.



I would never ever venture out right after a storm to take a picture of our flooded street, especially when it only took 5 minutes to flood like this. And I certainly didn't think of getting a floatie out to float down the road...now thinking and doing are completely different, right?



I did not bust a gut laughing because of the faces my son made while showing his teeth. That would be mean and I would never do such a thing.


That's all I got folks! So what did you do this week?

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I would have loved to see a picture of you floating down the road. That would have been hilarious.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Ha! I LOVE your "blurry background" picture. I also *did not* rush right to my camera and attempt fine photography seconds after reading MckMama's post ;)

LucieP said...

I read the blurry post and got overloaded and decided I would have to go back and read it another time when my brain could handle it...lol!~

Gotta love and cat and bird pic!!!

Brandi said...

Ok, the blurry bird made me LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I read your comment about the background issues on MckMama's blog and hope I can help you out.
There are a few tips she neglected to mention.
The main issue, judging from the picture, is that you just didn't focus on the subject, but rather on the background.
To focus on something, you should center it on the screen, press the shutter button half way. You will hear a chirp or some other confirmation sound. Hold it that way- half depressed- and look at the screen to see if it's the way you want it. Then push it down fully.

If you are taking a pic if something near, you can also use macro. Find how to switch to the flower icon on your camera.
Once you are in macro mode, follow what I wrote above.

The backgrounds with macro are blurrier than without.

If you want to ask me something, I subscribed to follow-up comments on this post. :)
Good luck.

Val said...

Thanks GAMZu. I will have to try that again. I took like 20 different pictures trying to get one that wasn't blurry.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with it in the next day or so....

Flip-flop Mama said...

I just found your blog and had to laugh at your picture you tried to take like Mckmama's with the blurry background. Thanks for the laugh! You should really tell her to come look at that photo :)

Pink Slippers said...

Happy late not me monday!
Wendy

~Sandy said...

Loved the pics:) I bet that was a sight to behold:)