Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Remember...

I remember standing in my grandma dorothy and grandpa bud's wedding and looking around at all the new cousins I was marrying into.

I remember wearing knee high socks in my dad and Mary's wedding, while my sister got to wear beautiful ruffle ankle socks.

I remember going mudding in my car with Kathy and getting into mud fights which later we relized was actually cow poop.

I remember meeting my best friend 21 years ago and swearing (well not really) that there was no way on Earth she was going into 6th grade with me.

I remember watching my other friend Traci, ride her bike home in 1st grade after we'd had a fight and she wiped out on the gravel 3 blocks from my house.

I remember roller-blading with Kathy in Girbaud blue jean cut off shorts and a swim suit top on the SDSU campus when we were only freshman in high school and thinking we were so cool.

I remember going to We-Fest with Kathy in my little Mazda pickup, knowing we had no place to stay, and just picked some random guy off the street to stay at his house, to later find out, he had been in a fight and his back was all bloody.

I remember sticking my hand in my Barbie swimming pool to feel lots of maggots and slugs.

I remember thinking my husband now, was super cute 15 years ago when he was dating my friend.

I remember coming home sick from school after telling my mom that I wasn't missing anything important all because I didn't want to take that scary English test.

I remember being deathly afraid of my dad's basement and my bedroom with blue velvet walls.

I remember sticking my head through the windshield of my friends car when she rear-ended a municipal utilities truck.

I remember my pet ferret, Shana, who hopped around so funny, and stunk so badly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Shana!