Wednesday, October 20, 2010

when times are tough

Sometimes when times are tough, it's hard to see the good in things. For me, it's been incredibly difficult to see into the future and how we will make ends meet. Financially speaking, life has been quite challenging since our central air and furnace was replaced this summer. Not only was that an unexpected expense, but we had just put new soffits and gutters on the house, so we drained our savings. That left us scrambling. Thankfully, our parents were able to give us a loan, to pay off the debt of the new units.

With these huge expenses this summer, our savings turning non-existent, I have found the day to day stuff has been extremely challenging. Coming up with lunch money, groceries, and even the change in season clothes. We have been getting by, living paycheck to paycheck, and doing the best we can to make ends meet.

Tonight, one of my closest friends, gave me a tote full of clothes for our boys. These were clothes like my boys have never had. Warm winter clothes arrived at the perfect time. I cannot express how grateful I am to her for blessing our family with this gift. Dalton and Joseph literally have a new wardrobe. Prayers have been answered. Thank you so much!

No comments: