Saturday, October 30, 2010

flu

Boy did the flu hit me hard, and I wasn't the first to get it in our house, but definitely have had it the worst so far.

Jayden is sick and on antibiotics. Thankfully he has not come down with the flu, but his cough is really nasty. It's been bad enough where we have kept him home from preschool and daycare since Wednesday. Last night was rough with him. His cough and tantrums were uncontrollable. And trying to do anything to help him just made him madder.

Shaylee had the flu Wednesday and Thursday. Sparing you the details, hers only came out the upper end. But hers was followed by headache and dizziness.

As for me, the flu hit me at midnight Thursday night into Friday morning. It was awful. I haven't had the flu in over 15 years. I guess it was my turn to make up for it. Yesterday I slept probably 19 hours out of the day. I would be up for about an hour and then have to sleep 2-3 hours. My flu...both ends. Today is more weak and very dizzy. I was able to shower and even cook dinner. Hopefully I'm on the mend and no one else in the family comes down with this crap because it sure sucks.

Ironically, last year on Halloween, we had 2 sick kids (Devin and Joseph) and they weren't allowed to go trick or treating since they had fevers and coughs. I'm really hoping they don't get sick between now and tomorrow. They've been healthy so far, so the scary thing is...it's probably their turn next unless it skips them.

No comments: