Wednesday, October 27, 2010

tidbits

Recent tidbits from our house:

  • My laundry pile is now up to 5 full loads because our 2 year old washer decided to have the bearings go out of it.
  • Jayden and I hung out together today because he still had a low fever and a bad cough, which required a trip to the doctor. Antibiotics are in the body and hopefully going to work some magic.
  • I'm so proud of my school age kids who all had wonderful reports at conference time. I have 2 straight A middle schoolers and 3 elementary students with awesome grades!
  • All of our garbage cans blew away in the wind. I drove around and searched and found 2 that I think are ours. Another one is out in the middle of a corn field, but there's no way I'm walking way out there to get it.
  • I made chili in the crock pot today, then it spilled over the pot and into the crock (?) and produced a potent burning smell until I figured out how to get the scorching hot pot out and was able to clean out the crock. Yes, it was hot. And yes, I let it sit outside in the hurricane winds to cool it off faster.

And that's about it for tonight. :)

No comments: