Thursday, August 12, 2010

today is golden

Happy Golden Birthday to my beautiful daughter, Shaylee!

12 years ago today, I gave birth to a 9 pound 7 ounce baby girl with the most lovable legs in all the world. Yes, legs! I fell in love with them the minute I seen them. But the rest of her was absolutely perfect as well.

Her little toes soon became my little sausages that I wanted to fry up and eat in butter. Man would she giggle when I'd tell her that! Sounds horrid now, but it was a fun game. In fact today when I see those sausages I still tell her I'm going to eat them for supper.

Shaylee has made me proud in so many ways. Her singing voice sends chills down my spine. Her talent, personality, laugh, willingness to help, and her sense of humor make my day. She has become an inspiring athlete in softball and volleyball. This year she was the pitcher on her team. It was awesome to watch her focus so intensely and pitch that ball to the required box. I know I couldn't do that!

Shaylee is a sweet and spunky tween who likes to keep me on my toes and loves to know what's going on all the time. Her grades are spectacular and the teachers adore her. But I knew I would have no problems with that from the first minute I seen her.

Happy 12th Birthday Shaylee! I love you!
I hope your GOLDEN Birthday is everything you hoped for!

No comments: