Tuesday, August 3, 2010

from my thigh to my toes...

I am wrapped in ACE bandage and gauze. Yesterday when I got home from surgery, I was quite tired and doped up on some pretty good drugs. I actually thought this was going to be a piece of cake healing from this.

Then I went to bed and had the most sleepless night I've had since being pregnant or having a newborn! I tossed and turned a few times, but that's hard enough because of having a gimpy leg. I had my wonderful husband put ice on it several times through the night and get me pain meds. Finally around 6am I truly fell asleep....which led to a short night.

Upon waking this morning, I started doing the stretches they told me I needed to do. They weren't overly painful and actually felt kind of good to do. I iced my knee after the exercises and a few hours later I got up to find my knee was terribly painful. I guess that's what happens the second day.

Yesterday I was moving better than today, but today still isn't awful. I'm saving my good drugs for before bedtime tonight in hopes of a better nights sleep.

Next Monday I go back to see the doctor. Oh and tomorrow, I get to unwrap my leg from my thigh to my toes, long enough to take a shower and then it's time to wrap it up again.

No comments: