Friday, February 27, 2009

Today's Happenings

There will not be a picture today as I have been way to busy. The day started by listening to my husband blow out the driveway at 3:45am. I thought that was a bit upsurd as did the other neighbors (probably).

Then I headed in to Brookings for a half day of training for the job. The meeting was actually kind of interesting today, however, I did catch my mind wandering several times.

Then I went to Walmart to pass a few minutes before the next appointment. While there I grabbed my paycheck and looked at the schedule, which I was not happy about. I knew I was putting in my two week notice tonight, but after seeing the schedule, it made me possibly think otherwise. I called Mike and talked to him, then went on my merry way shopping. I did buy an Ipod Nano. :-)

Next, was my much needed hair appointment. My stylist and I have a terrible time trying to find a time that works for both of us. I have called and called. Today I was thankful to finally get a trim done and an eye brow wax, boy were they needing it! I even scheduled my next appointment with her, so now we have something in concrete!

Once Mike and I talked, we decided I was done at Walmart. My family is too important and I want to be home on the weekends. After having the last two weekends off, I really didn't want to start in again, so I called my boss and QUIT! Sure, I felt bad that I didn't give my notice, but I put priorities in order and family won. :-) I'm down to 1 job working 40 hours a week!!

After that I came home, checked out the mess of the house, and grabbed Shaylee to head back into Brookings. Shaylee and I had a brief talk, the typical talk we have often, about her attitude and tone of voice. She asked me if I knew why she talked back to me and I said no. She then told me it's because she's trying to make me understand something or prove her point. I told her she does it in the wrong context, with the wrong tone of voice and it doesn't get her anywhere. I catch myself thinking a lot how the teenage years will be....oh boy.

I headed to Mr. Movies and rented some movies for the weekend. I mean since there's nothing else to do now, I can actually do this stuff!! Then I came home (again) and started cooking supper. Jayden was playing peekaboo with his hands over his eyes and was being unbelievably cute.

After supper I started loading the dishwasher and picking up dirty clothes while running water for Jayden's bath. Yes, I can multitask! I gave him a bath, got him dressed and here I am, almost 8 o'clock and I haven't taken a single picture today.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. And today was way to busy with all kinds of other stuff as you read.....if you got this far. ;-)

No comments: