Sunday, September 5, 2010

update

My husband tells me tonight that I need to update my blog because he needs to know what's going on. I tell him I haven't had a laptop. He says I've had one for a day, so now I can update. Here you go honey...as if you weren't here this week! :)

After my last post, I planned to update my blog every single day in September. Then the next evening, we had a really nice storm that we were enjoying until it fried my laptop. So that put a halt to blog updating. Of course, I had have lots of pictures I can put into future posts, so hopefully they will come soon. Back to the point, my laptop itself was not fried, just the power cord that charges it, so we were lucky. Just had to wait until the new cord arrived in the mail.

Work for me this past week was pretty crappy. It seems everybody is feeling the stress of the new year and people are snapping at each other. It's hard for me to not take stuff like that personal. I try to let it roll off my shoulders, but it's something that I remember clearly for a long time.

Then, my oldest daughter got sick. She had to go to the doctor and get put on some antibiotics. If someone in my house gets sick, you can guess what happened next. Yep, I got sick. It started on Friday and has been getting progressively worse. As of today, when I cough, it feels like there are knives in my throat and in my chest. I'm hoping today is the worst day because I haven't hit the peak yet and I really need to work next week! If I'm sick, I can't do what my job tells me to do.

Tonight, Shawndra was involved in an electric scooter accident. She was at a friends house and they took out the scooter for a ride (without the mom knowing) and Shawndra fell off the back and was dragged on the pavement. She has road rash abrasions on her knees and her toes are very raw. Her pants were ripped and her flip flops wrecked. It could have been much worse. I'm not sure Shawndra would agree right now though. She is soaking her feet and has wet rags on her knees, since we're trying to get things cleaned up. She's been shaking and crying and using lots of sarcasm. We're thankful it wasn't any worse than this.

So all in all, that's what this week has looked like. We've been laying low and not doing much other than that.

No comments: