Monday, January 4, 2010

Visitation and Funeral

Grandma's visitation is tomorrow and her funeral is on Wednesday morning. The day I found out about her death has been the hardest, but I think tomorrow is going to be even more difficult as it will be the first time I see her looking like her, or at least the her that I remember.

I talked to my dad tonight in detail about her death. That tore me up inside. And outside. The tears flowed as I listened to my dad tell me he was holding her hand while she took her last breaths. And man, is my dad strong. To be able to tell me the vivid details and hold it together was amazing. I hope I can have the strength he does when he or my mom pass.

Wednesday morning we will say good bye to grandma. I hope I can be strong. I hope I can fully understand that she is in a better place. That her quality of life was extinct here. I will need prayers to get me through the next two days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you the strength you need to get through. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Steph in ND

Val said...

Thanks Steph! I appreciate your kindness.

Kath- said...

Val, You did wonderful tonight at the visitation. I was so proud of you seeing how you took Shaylee up there and how strong you were. Keep your chin up sweetie I will be thinking about you in the morning. Love Ya